Continuing ACA’s mission to ensure accessibility of live arts programming to diverse audiences, the Mobile Unit tours innovative and sophisticated works for families into the community.
ACA’s short format touring plays are available for booking year-round for schools, childcare facilities, birthday parties, and other special events for the young. All Mobile Unit plays are created and performed by ACA Resident Artist, Edwin Salas Acosta and ACA Artistic Director Abby Felder.
- Meant to be enjoyed by all ages
- 30-60 minutes, performed live and virtually
- Pre-or-post show workshops available with activities tailored to each audiences’ needs that may address literacy, community building, and give participants the opportunity to work with arts & crafts, fine motor skills, and writing and other media
- Ideal for in-class and after-school arts enrichment programming or for birthday parties and other gatherings
Presenting fees and rates vary depending on the show. To inquire or book a touring performance and or puppet building activity email email@example.com or call 914-830-3000.
Theatre for the Very Young: Shell
Shell is a 30-minute theatrical experience that will be presented for youth 0-5 years old and their caretakers in Asheville, NC in spring of 2023, which includes projection design, sound design, movement, puppetry and play.
Created by ACA Founder Abby Felder and ACA resident artist Edwin Salas Acosta. Tours available in Fall 2023.
The Warp & The Weft
The Warp & The Weft is a 60-minute interactive, multilingual and multimedia performance installation for audiences of all ages, which includes projection design, live music, sound design, movement and puppetry. Marking the 100th Anniversary of photos of child labor taken by famed photographer, Lewis Hine, this production uses these iconic photos of majority white children which were central to child labor reform in the US to ask the questions: how do these images define whose lives are worth advocating for? What happens when the subject of a document is also its author?
This piece is an adaptation of ACA’s successful 2018 premiere, and includes five actors. Suitable for ages 5 and older. Available in 2023.
Live (and Virtual!): Slug & Snail
A charming and uplifting puppet performance in which a Snail that loses its shell meets a Slug who tries to prove Snail is actually better off without it. They begin a journey to determine whether life with or without a shell is better, which puts them in situations sometimes frightening, sometimes funny, but ultimately leads them to friendship. It is a 30-minute interactive experience for those ages 4-8.
- 30- minute solo performance performed live at your space
- Pre-or-post show workshop (live or pre-recorded) with puppet building activity tailored to each audiences’ needs that may address literacy, community building, and give participants the opportunity to work with arts & crafts, fine motor skills, and writing and other media.
- 25-minute solo performance pre-recorded and available for download
- pre-or post-show workshop activity available as text or pre-recorded video
- Any combination of the above